2019 Chevrolet Cruze vs. 2019 Chevrolet Malibu
If you’re in the market for a reliable Chevy sedan that offers best-in-class technology, a comfortable and spacious interior, and all for an affordable price, you’ll want to check out the 2019 Chevy Cruze and 2019 Chevy Malibu. Both models are excellent choices, however, only one will be right for you and your Camp Lejeune drives. Compare the Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu with us at Marine Chevrolet and drive off in your favorite.
Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu: Overview
- 2019 Chevy Cruze Price: Starting at $17,995 MSRP
- 2019 Chevy Malibu Price: Starting at $22,090 MSRP
- Trim Levels:
- The 2019 Cruze comes in five trim levels: L, LS, Chevy Cruze LT, Premier, and Diesel, as well as a Cruze hatchback model
- The 2019 Malibu comes in six trim levels: L, LS, RS, LT, Hybrid, and Premier
- Passenger Volume: The Chevy Cruze has 94 cubic feet and the Malibu offers 102.9 cubic feet.
- Cargo Volume: The Chevy Cruze trunk offers 14.8 cubic feet of cargo space, but the Malibu has a slight edge, offering Richlands drivers 15.7 cubic feet.
Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu: Performance
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Engine Options
- Base Engine: 153 hp, 1.4L four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 177 lb-ft of torque, a six-speed automatic transmission, and an EPA-estimated 28/38 city/hwy mpg
- Diesel Engine: 137 hp 1.6L four-cylinder turbodiesel engine with 240 lb-ft of torque, a nine-speed automatic transmission, and an EPA-estimated 31/48 city/hwy mpg
2019 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Options:
- Base Engine: 160 hp, 1.5L four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 184 lb-ft of torque, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and an EPA-estimated 29/36 city/hwy mpg
- Top Engine: 250 hp, 2.0L four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 260 lb-ft of torque, a 9-speed automatic transmission, and an EPA-estimated 22/32 city/hwy mpg
- Hybrid Engine: 160 hp, 1.8L four-cylinder gas/electric hybrid DD with 184 lb-ft of torque, a one-speed direct drive transmission, and an EPA-estimated 49/43 city/hwy mpg
Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu: Features
Both the Malibu and Cruze offers standard features like folding rear seats, voice command, Bluetooth®,OnStar®
& Chevrolet Connected Services
compatibility, navigation, and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
. If you want more features with either model, you can upgrade to features like the Bose® premium audio system
, heated seats, remote start, and park assist.
- Chevy Cruze
- Standard Features: 7-inch color touchscreen infotainment system, cloth upholstery, 4G LTE Wi-Fi®, and the Teen Driver monitor
- Available Features: Leatherette seats, power front seat lumbar control, rear side-window sunshades, and a USB media port
- Chevy Malibu
- Standard Features: 8-inch color touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry, cruise control, premium cloth upholstery, and steering wheel-mounted controls
- Available Features: 4G LTE Wi-Fi®, Adaptive Cruise Control, leather seats, cooled/ventilated seats, a sunroof, and dual-zone automatic climate control, and the Teen Driver monitor
Compare the Chevy Sedans at Marine Chevrolet
Can’t seem to decide? Take one, or both, Chevy sedans for a test drive around Richlands. Want to learn more about the Chevy Cruze, or read the Chevy Malibu reviews? We at Marine Chevrolet can help with that, too. Make your way to Marine Chevrolet today, reach out with any questions, browse our new vehicle specials, and get behind the wheel of your favorite Chevy.